Thursday, July 3, 2014

Some of my work made the front page on the Kennedy Space Center's website!

Some years ago I was asked to etch a portrait of each of the Gemini astronauts on both a curved beveled piece of glass that was awarded to each of them, as well as on heavy 1/2" glass disks that were installed at the exhibit featuring each astronaut at the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®   This was a break from the usual church work. I was invited to attend their induction and meet them. The fact that they each went home with something I made is kind of cool.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not really Ralph. I had resists made from a photo negatives, then used a very fine abrasive and basically sandblasted the image onto the glass. Pretty easy & anyone could do it if they were shown the technique.
      They supplied the photos.

      Delete
  2. So we went all the way to Florida to take a tour of your art work and you said the Space Center art wasn't that great.

    ReplyDelete