Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mother Jones shocks and depresses me

I subscribed to Mother Jones back in the 60's (at least I think it was that far back), and stopped because the truth as printed was too depressing. Now somehow I find an issue in the mailbox, and I see that my action in the past was probably correct.  The cover page story is called: The Secret Hell of Online Shopping   or What happens when you click "place order"   I became a warehouse slave to find out.  This is way too much information. Is this really happening in America?  This is just one of the articles in the March-April issue that is shocking, but as I order my share of stuff online to save gas and time, it does take me a back that my convenience comes with a cost to some poor yahoo in the stockroom.
Read it if you want, but it's disturbing.
Now, morally, because of reading this one issue, I can't buy on-line, from WalMart, or purchase any more vitamins. And that's not mentioning all the articles.
I'll see how long that lasts.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for messing up my huge money making amazon referral program

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so guilty! I just wasn't thinking. I'm sure the multitude that read my blog will understand and still use your link anyway. I will make it up to you somehow. It is a good thing I bought this computer online before I read that article. And no, I bought it from Lenovo, not Amazon. None the less, it probably stressed out some picker somewhere.

      Delete