Thursday, November 15, 2012

A quote from an unknown author

"Marriage is like a deck of cards. It starts with two hearts and a diamond, and in a few years you wish you had a club and a spade".

That the author is unknown is not surprising. He just may wish to remain anonymous.

Fortunately this is not the case with my current marriage.
(I of course need to add this on the chance she will visit this blog)

I am not the type to join clubs, and I will refrain from any further puns out of political politeness.

However, in 30 or 40 years I plan to still be married & perhaps we will share the spade in a way.

I probably should just shut up before someone gets the wrong idea about me.

1 comment:

  1. There's a great line from a movie I saw once. A daughter is getting married and a day or so before the wedding she finds out her parents are getting divorced. The scene is her confronting her father in a kitchen. Her father explains; "when I married your mother, I married her 'til death do us part'. Then one day I realized... I was waiting for her to die.

    ReplyDelete